Leaving a Gift in your Will
Leaving a gift for wildlife in your Will helps us to create a wilder Herefordshire for generations to come.
A gift can help us to:
- care for and improve our nature reserves for people and wildlife
- expand and connect our network of reserves
- run events and workshops to inspire others to care for Herefordshire’s wildlife
- advise and support others to conserve and enhance the wildlife on their land
If you need to make a will the first step is to talk to a solicitor. This is to ensure that your will is legally correct and that all your wishes will be carried out. Your solicitor will discuss all aspects of your will with you including whether or not you would like to leave a gift to charity.
Your solicitor will help you to:
- value your estate;
- choose the friends and relatives you would like to receive a gift;
- choose your Executors - people whose duty it is to carry out the wishes in your will.
Finding out more
To find out more about leaving a gift in your will and how your gift can help Herefordshire's wildlife, please complete the form below or contact our Chief Executive, Helen Stace on 01432 356872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust Members are applicable for a 15% discount on Will writing with Lambe Corner Solicitors:
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have very much to leave, is it worth including a gift in my Will to Herefordshire Wildlife Trust?
Absolutely. We are so grateful for any amount you feel able to leave in your Will for wildlife and all gifts make a difference. You can find out more about our legacy pledgers and how their gifts will help wildlife here.
What kind of gift could I leave to Herefordshire Wildlife Trust?
There are three types of gift you can leave in your Will:
- A specific sum; This is a gift of a set amount of money.
- A share of your estate; This is a percentage of your estate after all other gifts and expenses have been paid. These gifts are very important to us as they usually maintain their value or increase over time. This also means you're less likely to need to amend it in the future.
- A specific item; This could be something valuable such as a painting, antique, property or shares that we would sell.
How much does a Will cost?
The cost of writing a Will varies depending on how complicated it is.
Herefordshire Wildlife Trust have partnered with Herefordshire law firm Lambe Corner (www.lambecorner.co.uk/) who are currently offering members of Herefordshire Wildlife Trust a 50% discount on drafting their Will. Please contact us on 01432 356872 for more details.
How should I word my Will?
If you do decide to include a gift to Herefordshire Wildlife Trusts, all you have to do is give your solicitor our registered address and registered charity number and they will do the rest.
Full name: The Herefordshire Wildlife Trust Limited
Registered Charity No: 220173
Our address: Queenswood Country Park & Arboretum, Dinmore Hill, Nr Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 0PY
Should I let you know that I have included or plan to include a gift in my Will to The Wildlife Trusts?
We really appreciate hearing that you have thought of Herefordshire Wildlife Trust when making your Will. It allows us to say a big thank you for your generosity and if you’d like to hear from us, keep you up to date with the work that our supporters make possible. You can make changes to your Will whenever you want to and letting us know that you’ve thought of us in your Will is not legally binding in any way. To let us know your plans, please call Helen Stace on 01432 356872 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, simply complete the form at the bottom of this page.
What if I change my mind?
No problem; it’s your Will, and you are entitled to change it as and when you want to. If you do, we would be very grateful to hear from you if you have changed, added, or removed a gift to Herefordshire Wildlife Trust from your previous Will.
Letting us know your plans
If you are planning on leaving a gift to Herefordshire Wildlife Trust and would like to let us know, or would like more information,you can simply complete the form below: