Our inaugural Walk for Wildlife - raising money for Herefordshire Wildlife Trust’s Reserves Appeal on a walk though beautiful Herefordshire countryside.
The walk will run through the heart of Herefordshire from the historic Lugg Meadow on the outskirts of Hereford city following the picturesque River Lugg north through riverside pastures to finish at Queenswood Country Park & Arboretum.
The walk will cover 12.5 miles and will follow public footpaths as well as routes across private land, opened exclusively for this event.
- Dogs welcome but must be on leads at all times.
- The event will be stewarded along the route with regular pit-stops with water and refreshments available.
- Countryside code applies – please do not drop litter and pick up after your dog (rubbish bins available at pit stops along the walk).
- Registration fee £12; under 14s free
- As the walk is 12.5 miles we suggest it is only suitable for older children (or very young children in slings or baby carriers) and all children must be accompanied by an adult. The route will not be suitable for push chairs, wheelchairs or mobility scooters.
- The route is 12.5 miles and will include some rough ground, some steep climbs and no doubt mud!
Both the start and finish points are easily accessible by public transport.
- Bus number 476 runs between Hereford and Ledbury and stops in Tupsley (for Lugg Meadow)
- Bus number 492 runs regularly between Leominster and hereford, stopping at Queenswood Country Park.
Details at bustimes.org.uk
Alternatively, click here to print off a paper copy of the registration form and post to us with a check for your registration fee to:
- Herefordshirdshire Wildlife Trust, Lower House Farm, Ledbury Road, Hereford, HR1 1UT