As a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB) Herefordshire Wildlife Trust has made a public promise to adhere to best practice, honesty, transparency, clarity and accountability in all fundraising activity, enabling you to give with confidence.
We hope that our membership of the FRSB will build trust and confidence in charitable giving and encourage more people to provide essential support for nature conservation. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Fundraising Practice and make the following promise:
We Are Committed to High Standards
- We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds comply with the Code and with this Promise
- We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment
We Are Honest and Open
- We tell the truth and do not exaggerate
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We Are Clear
- We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used
- Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive
- We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment
We Are Respectful
- We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries
- We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so
We Are Fair and Reasonable
- We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence
- We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption
We Are Accountable
- If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint
If you have any concerns about the way we fundraise, we encourage you to get in touch with your feedback. Please do so by contacting our Development Director, John Clark, on 01432 356872 or through our Contact Us page.