You are here: Home
- Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team
Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team (HART) is dedicated to the conservation of amphibians and reptiles in Herefordshire.
Tel: 01531 636033.
- Herefordshire Barn Owl Group
The Herefordshire Barn Owl Group is a voluntary group working to increase the breeding populations of 3 species of raptor in Herefordshire. The Barn Owl, Little Owl and Kestrel have all suffered declines in recent years.
- Herefordshire Greenlinks
Greenlinks is a business community developing a vibrant local economy in the context of rising fuel and related costs, climate change and recession. Its members co-operate to support each other, improve environmental performance, share best practice and provide a joined-up picture of a sustainable local economy and community.
Elaine Brook. Tel: 0845 458 4718.
National Conservation Groups
- Amateur Entomologists’ Society, PO Box 8774, London, SW7 5ZG. Tel: 0120 639 2505.
- Badger Trust, 2b Inworth Street, London, SW11 3EP Tel: 020 7 228 6444. Website: www.badger.org.uk
- Bat Conservation Trust, 15 Cloisters House, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7627 2629.
- British Dragonfly Society, British Dragonfly Society, 34 Church Lane, Checkley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST10 4NJ. Telephone no. - 01538 724130.
- British Trust for Ornithology, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, P24 2PU. Tel: 01842 750050.
- Froglife, Mansion House, 27-28 Market Place, Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8AY. Tel: 01986 874744.
- Landlife, National Wildflower Centre, Court Hey Park, Liverpool, Merseyside, L16 3NA. Tel: 0151 737 1819.
- Mammal Society, 15 Cloisters Business Centre, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7498 4358.
Web site: www.mammal.org.uk
- Plantlife, 14 Rollestone Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1DX
Tel: 01722 342730
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL. Tel: 01767 680551.
- Soil Association, Bristol House, 40-56 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6BY. Tel: 0117 929 0661.
- Wildlife Trusts, The Kiln, Waterside, Mather Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1WT. Tel: 01636 677711.
- Woodland Trust, Autumn Park, Dysart Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6LL. Tel: 01476 581111.
Statutory Agencies and Government Bodies
Wildlife Gardening and Composting
- Vine House Farm Bird Foods, Deeping St Nicholas, Lincolnshire, PE11 3DG.
Tel: 01775 630208.
- Wiggly Wigglers (wormery), Lower Blakemore Farm, Blakemere, Herefordshire, HR2 9PX. Tel: 0800 216990.
- Wild About Gardens
'Wild About Gardens', is a major new project from the Royal Horticultural Society and The Wildlife Trusts. It aims to bring the worlds of gardening and nature conservation closer together.
Activities in Herefordshire
- Plant dyeing
Plant dyeing and wool workshops by the River Wye. Learn how to grow and use plants to colour wool and fabric.
- Herefordshire and the Wye Valley
Web site of The Association for the Promotion of Herefordshire. Features links to attractions, events and accommodation.
- Wild About Britain
Wild About Britain is an education charity that promotes all aspects of wildlife, the environment and conservation throughout the British Isles. Our web site includes an online gallery, newspaper, forums and events calendar, together with a comprehensive directory of clubs and societies across the UK.
Trust is a registered charity, number 220173,
and a company limited by guarantee, number 743899.
Registered Office: Lower House Farm, Ledbury Rd, Tupsley, Hereford, HR1 1UT
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
© Herefordshire Nature Trust 2007.
All rights reserved.
Helping Create a Living Landscape for Herefordshire