- Countryside Jobs Service
- Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team
Herefordshire Amphibian and Reptile Team (HART) is dedicated to the conservation of amphibians and reptiles in Herefordshire.
Tel: 01531 636033.
- Herefordshire Barn Owl Group
The Herefordshire Barn Owl Group is a voluntary group working to increase the breeding populations of 3 species of raptor in Herefordshire. The Barn Owl, Little Owl and Kestrel have all suffered declines in recent years.
- Herefordshire Fungus Group
- Herefordshire Ornithological Club (HOC)
- Herefordshire Greenlinks
Greenlinks is a business community developing a vibrant local economy in the context of rising fuel and related costs, climate change and recession. Its members co-operate to support each other, improve environmental performance, share best practice and provide a joined-up picture of a sustainable local economy and community.
Elaine Brook. Tel: 0845 458 4718.
National Conservation Groups
- Amateur Entomologists’ Society, PO Box 8774, London, SW7 5ZG. Tel: 0120 639 2505.
- Badger Trust, 2b Inworth Street, London, SW11 3EP Tel: 020 7 228 6444. Website: www.badger.org.uk
- Bat Conservation Trust, 15 Cloisters House, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7627 2629.
- British Dragonfly Society, British Dragonfly Society, 34 Church Lane, Checkley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST10 4NJ. Telephone no. - 01538 724130.
- British Trust for Ornithology, The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 2PU. Tel: 01842 750050.
- Butterfly Conservation, PO Box 222, Dedham, Colchester, Essex, C07 6EY. Tel: 01206 322342.
- Froglife, Mansion House, 27-28 Market Place, Halesworth, Suffolk, IP19 8AY. Tel: 01986 874744.
- Garden Organic, Coventry, Warwickshire, CV8 3LG. Tel: 024 7630 3517.
- Landlife, National Wildflower Centre, Court Hey Park, Liverpool, Merseyside, L16 3NA. Tel: 0151 737 1819.
- Mammal Society, 15 Cloisters Business Centre, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG. Tel: 020 7498 4358.
Web site: www.mammal.org.uk
- Plantlife, 14 Rollestone Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 1DX
Tel: 01722 342730
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 2DL. Tel: 01767 680551.
- Soil Association, Bristol House, 40-56 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6BY. Tel: 0117 929 0661.
- Tree Council, 51 Catherine Place, London, SW1E 6DY. Tel: 020 7828 9928.
- Wildlife Trusts, The Kiln, Waterside, Mather Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 1WT. Tel: 01636 677711.
- Woodland Trust, Autumn Park, Dysart Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire, NG31 6LL. Tel: 01476 581111.
Statutory Agencies and Government Bodies
- Natural England
- National Apprenticeship Partnership
Wildlife Gardening and Composting
- Vine House Farm Bird Foods, Deeping St Nicholas, Lincolnshire, PE11 3DG.
Tel: 01775 630208.
- Ernest Charles, FREEPOST, Copplestone, Crediton, Devon, EX17 2YZ, United Kingdom. FREEPHONE: 0800 7316 770. FAX: 01363 84147.
- Wiggly Wigglers (wormery), Lower Blakemore Farm, Blakemere, Herefordshire, HR2 9PX. Tel: 0800 216990.
- The Nest Box Company
- Wild About Gardens
'Wild About Gardens', is a major new project from the Royal Horticultural Society and The Wildlife Trusts. It aims to bring the worlds of gardening and nature conservation closer together.
Activities in Herefordshire
- Creative Breaks
- Wheely Wonderful Cycling
Cycling and walking holidays in Herefordshire, Shropshire and Wales.
- Plant dyeing
Plant dyeing and wool workshops by the River Wye. Learn how to grow and use plants to colour wool and fabric.
- Gardens in the Wild Festival 22/23 June 2013
A celebration of Herefordshire landscape and gardens.
- Abbotts Living Wood
Green wood chair making courses with Mike Abbott, widely acknowledged as one of the UK's leading green woodworkers.
- Malvern Hills AONB
- Malvern Hills Conservators
- Wye Valley AONB
- Herefordshire and the Wye Valley
Web site of The Association for the Promotion of Herefordshire. Features links to attractions, events and accommodation.
- Wild About Britain
Wild About Britain is an education charity that promotes all aspects of wildlife, the environment and conservation throughout the British Isles. Our web site includes an online gallery, newspaper, forums and events calendar, together with a comprehensive directory of clubs and societies across the UK.
iSpot is a website aimed at helping anyone identify anything in nature. Once you've registered, you can add an observation to the website and suggest an identification yourself or see if anyone else can identify it for you.